The Centre of Postgraduate Studies (PPS) was officially established on ______________ by University College Bestari (UC Bestari) as its main vehicle to strategize, manage and monitor all matters pertaining to postgraduate study programmes of the University, with specific focus to:
- Increase the number of postgraduate students, and
- Ensure the quality of postgraduate education
Specifically, the functions of the Centre are the following:
- Implement the visions, missions and policies of the University.
- Adhere to the guidelines advocated by the University Management and the University Senate.
- Function as a secretariat to the Board of Graduate Studies.
- Administer all facets of postgraduate activities from the intake of students, their progress and also the evaluation of theses and examinations.
- Ensure uniformity in the implementation of various programmes as well as coordinate and organise thrust courses.